TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Low boost~3-5psi problem no codes
People Seeking Info

Subject Low boost~3-5psi problem no codes

Posted by Smokiedabear on March 27, 2017 at 6:33 PM
  This message has been viewed 486 times.

Message The z has been solid until this week. My z got a bad signal wire on the right 02 from a previous harness short. This was from when I did the swap and left a ground unhooked and cooked ptu and Maf signal wire traced to rightn02. Replaced that signal wire months ago no problems till yesterday.

I was boosting around with the wife and It was boosting great for a while ~10psi but then I got that code 53 and went to safety boost ~7psi (yesterday)

Today I replaced the shielded signal wire on the 02 and was able to get rid of code 53.

Took car for a spin will not build boost past 3-5psi now at past 3500 and then boost falls off even more and the engine feels like it is na.

Autometer boost gauge shows -20 at idle, afrs on the aem wide band look good (running off left downpipe)

Turbos were rebuilt by me and balanced by Midwest turbo this past October. Always spun up super solid.

Stock intercooler piping is all hooked up checked all intercooler couplers and vacuum lines look great, many are also new.

I can't figure this out. It is now reading no codes, idled solid and drives great out of boost.

Mods:
-stillen dual pop
-divorced downpipe 2.5 exhaust
-stock intercooler
-ecu tuned by specialty z
-wideband
-type 2 370 rebuilt injector
-all deletes have been done, Egr air pump valve etc

Could the stock blow off valves be stuck open?

Thank you!!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.